Windows Printer Driver Setup for Ricoh 7501 outside EOS 113
General note: the name for the printer is eosc-eosm113-ricohc7501.eoas.ubc.ca, or alternatively the IP address for the printer is 220.127.116.11.
For Microsoft Windows, download the driver from the following link and install the driver:
Select the "PS Driver for Universal Print" driver, download, and run the executable to deploy the drivers to your local computer; take note of where the driver files are extracted, you will need this information later.
Once the driver files are available, click the Windows start logo and type "Printers", select the Printers & scanners icon from the result list.
Once the Printers & scanners, dialogue is open, click to Add a printer or scanner.
Wait for a few moments while the network is scanned, you need to click the entry The printer that I want isn't listed.
From the Add Printer dialog, select Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname and click Next.
Enter the name of the priner, for example EOS Main 113 has the name eosc-eosm113-ricohc7501.eoas.ubc.ca, and clear the check box next to Query the printer and automatically...
In the next dialogue box, click Have Disk and enter the location of the driver from above. On the next dialogue box, select the RICOH PS UniversalDriver V4.15
Once the printer is installed, you may need to add a print code; review the instructions at How to add a print code.
Mac Printer Driver Setup for Ricoh 7501 outside EOS 113
Ricoh driver setup:
Click on Apple icon and select System Preferences and Print & Scan.
- Select Unlock and type in password.
- 1.- Add Printer and Select IP
- 2.- Enter into address box => 18.104.22.168
- 3.- Enter Name: Ricoh 7501-- EOS 113
- 4.- Click Add -- Driver should be automatically populated. Select LPR Protocol.
- 5.- Load Adobe Reader or Firefox or Word
- 6.- Click print. Within the print window Click on Pull down bar under Orientation.
- 7.- Select Job log.
- 8.- Check off Enable User code and enter your code.
- 9.- Save the Preset as Print Code and click Print
- 10. You should be able to select the Present from within any other Application.
Connect using myvpn.ubc.ca from wireless or home
you must be enrolled in the Eos firewall address space and must use the ubc vpn to print
Once we know your cwl name we can enrol you so notify us please at helpdesk.eoas.ubc.ca
then use the ubc vpn to print
to set this up:
visit myvpn.ubc.ca (it will ask you to install the cisco anyconnect vpn client)
use cwlname.eos as your login name