Exchange distribution lists are intended for faculty and staff within the Department of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences.
If you need a list set up to correspond with external groups, i.e., you are corresponding with one or more people who do not have an email address ending with @eos.ubc.ca or @eoas.ubc.ca, please use UBC's Listserv service (information at https://it.ubc.ca/services/email-voice-internet/mailing-lists).
The Department of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences has a distribution list system that can provide the ability to correspond with a group via one email address. Information on the features of distribution lists in Microsoft Exchange, refer to Microsoft's web site at https://bit.ly/2GZwDbB (bit.ly link).
- Use your EOAS user name and password to log into the web-email site at https://exchange.eoas.ubc.ca
- Click on the options icon in the upper right hand corner of the page
- Select "general -> distribution groups" from the left hand side option menu
- Go to the right hand side ("distribution groups I own"), and click on the "+" to create a new list
- Scroll down the page to the "add members box". Select the appropriate options for owner approval, then select the "+" sign to add members:
- Search for contacts by either name or email address.
- When you refresh the page your new list should appear: