The Outlook Web interface allows you to open another person's mail box or a shared mail acocunt, provided you have the appropriate rights. Shared mail boxes do not have a specific user account associated with the mail box, rather the mail box is accessed using your own username and password.
Before opening a shared mail box, you need to access your own mail box using the Outlook Web interface.
Open your own mail box using Outlook Web
- Use your web browser to open the web page https://exchange.eoas.ubc.ca.
- Log into the web-based email interface, i.e., Outlook Web access, using your EOAS account and password.
Open the shared mail box in Outlook Web
- Click the "face icon" on the top-right most part of the web page and select Open another mailbox... from the menu.
- In the Open another mailbox dialogue, type the name of the shared mail box you want to open. If you are not positive about the name, you can type part of a name and the system will offer to Search the directory, which you can do by clicking the link.
- Once you have identified the shared mail box you want to open, click that link and click the Open button.