There are two common methods to forward email, the first is to forward the content of the email, inline as part of the content of the email you are about to create. Forwarding email inline is the default for many mail clients including Outlook and MacOS mail (when this article was created).
The other method to forward email is to foward the email as an attachment. In this case, when an email is forwarded as an attachment, content that is usually not visible is included; this information is usually technical in nature and contains information such as how the email was routed across the Internet.
Forwarding email as an attachment using Outlook Web Access
Using the department's Outlook Web Access interface (https://exchange.eoas.ubc.ca), it is not obvious how to forward a messsage as an attachment. Please follow these steps:
- Open Outlook Web Access by opening your web browser and going to the site https://exchange.eoas.ubc.ca, then entering your user name and password.
- Once in the web site, click to create a new email message.
- From the blank email message window, there is an icon on the top-right (screenshot below), that you can click, which will expand and open the new message window in another window.
- Once the new message window is open, you can select, drag-and-drop a message from the main window to the new pop-up message window.
- Once you drop the message, it will appear as an attachment.
- Finish you email and click Send!